Friday, October 09, 2026

October 10 Soul Ragas Costume Time

Rebecca Shippee https://www.rebeccashippee.net/ brings a large painting installation inspired by the Helen's Costume gallery itself.

At Helen's Costume https://www.costumeintl.com/ 7706 SE Yamhill 2PM-5 Free


Ruby Webb https://www.fruitfulinterpretationoftime.com/about brings Clock Party to 1122 as part of Portland art textile month. It's 24 clock-themed garments you can try on.

"My love for time and clocks has run deep for around eight years. Recently I’ve been making more and more clock garments, and the idea of having a clock/time party began. Every year for the past five years, I make a garment collection in the springtime and bring it to Montana in the early summer. I take photos all around my grandmother’s property wearing the collection, and afterward I make a lookbook/zine of sorts with all the images.

This year I made 12 clock garments from scrap fabrics and garments I found at thrift stores and estate sales, and took pictures with my grandma while we wore them. My lookbook this year “time with grandma d and me,” will be placed around 1122 Gallery for your looking and purchasing pleasure."

At 1122 Outside Gallery www.1122gallery.com 7629 SE Harrison 1PM-5 Free


This Saturday the Mono Space listening session explores elegant soul music. In the day, Motown, Brunswick, Chess, and Atlantic sweetened tracks with orchestral instrument arrangements of strings and brass. This is that. Some discs they will be playing are: The Delfonics - The Sound of Sexy Soul, Minnie Riperton - Love Lives Forever, The Three Sounds - Soul Symphony, Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul, The Emotions - Flowers, and Aretha Franklin - Lady Soul.

Elegant Soul https://mono-space.org/blogs/events/gallery-hours-elegant-soul at Mono Space https://mono-space.org/ 608 NW 13th Ave Ste 102. Noon-5 Free


Vinay Desai, Santoor, Jai Gandhi, flute, and Vikas Yendluri, tabla perform Indian classical music. Presented by Kalakendra. https://kalakendra.org/etn/pankaj-mishra-sarangi/

At the First Baptist Church, 909 SW 11th 7PM Adults $35 Children (3-12 yrs) $15, Students with ID) $20